This sweet potato chili recipe is fantastic! I cannot take credit though. My husband Marcus created it. He is the chili guy in the family. Actually, up until recently, he was the cook too! I have learned a great deal from him. Also, I should mention, this sweet potato chili is super easy to make. You just throw everything in a pot and cook. It would probably be extra good slow cooked in the crock pot.
We brought this sweet potato chili to a family member’s house on Thanksgiving. Everyone that tried it, loved it. This recipe also makes a large amount so you can freeze some for those busy days. I freeze it in serving sized containers.
Amazing 3 Bean Sweet Potato Chili
- 3 cups veggie stock
- 2 cups black beans
- 2 cups kidney beans
- 2 cups pinto beans
- 1 28 oz can organic diced tomatoes or about 7 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 onion diced
- 1 cup corn (please try to buy this organic)
- 2 sweet potatoes diced
- 4 med-lg garlic cloves minced
- 1 T chili powder
- 3/4 T cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 T oil (we used grapeseed oil)
- We use dried beans and just soak them overnight. Boil them for about 10 minutes in the morning. Makes for a much cleaner taste. :)
- Take all the ingredients and throw them in a large pot.
- Cook on high for about 3 hours covered stirring every once in a while.
- For the last 1/2 hour cook uncovered and you can also add about a T of flour to thicken the sauce if needed. We used brown rice flour.
This makes a ton of chili. If you don’t eat it all, it should freeze nicely and then you will have a backup meal for a day when you don’t feel like cooking. This came out so well that we are probably going to make this for our family thanksgiving meal. After all, we are the weird vegans of the family.