Dairy Free Mac and Cheese. I have never been a fan of mac and cheese, but my husband loves it. Before we changed our diets, he would get the frozen Stouffer’s mac and cheese.
The sodium count alone is scary, never mind the rest of the ingredients! Now he makes this dairy free mac and cheese instead.
Dairy Free Mac and Cheese
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 box pasta (I used gluten free brown rice pasta )
- 2 cups cashews (soaked overnight and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup nutrtional yeast
- 1/4-1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- salt to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- In a blender , combine all the other ingredients for the sauce.
- You can add more milk if the mixture seems a bit thick.
There also may be some cheese sauce left over. The extra sauce should keep in the fridge for a few weeks. Enjoy!