We made some gingerbread pancakes this morning and they came out so good! We have been creating a Saturday morning tradition with pancakes. We used to go to Starbucks on Saturday mornings until I found out what they put in their pastries. This is so much better and I can stay in my PJ’s!
To make things easy, because Meadow tends to want breakfast pretty quick, I mixed the dry ingredients the night before. That way,I just have to add the wet and cook. Super easy! Meadow loved these so much that she asked for thirds and didn’t seem to notice that they were served without syrup.
- 1 1/2 cups spelt flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 T coconut sugar
- 1 egg (I used a flax egg replacement)
- 2 T coconut oil
- 1 T applesauce
- 1 1/4 cup milk (I used almond milk)
- 2 T blackstrap molasses
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl|.
- In a small bowl mix the wet ingredients.
- Add wet to dry.
- Using a 1/4 cup scoop, scoop the batter onto a heated and greased pan.
- When the batter starts to bubble, then flip to the other side.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate or even freeze for later.
For another festive pancake, click here.