These Date Filled Thumbprint Cookies are so good! I seriously could not stop eating them! Let me start out by saying I love the thumb print cookie. I always have.
I may, or may not have eaten 3-4 of them when they were done. Okay, I am lying. More like 4-5! They were just too yummy! I have made thumbprint cookies similar to this before. I have Cranberry Filled Thumbprint cookies on my blog already. This was the first time making thumbprint cookies in my vita mix. Previously, I had used my magic bullet. They came out so much better in the Vitamix. I had never even had a date until a few days ago. I bought them to make This Rawsome Vegan Life’s vegan raw snickers. Up until now, I thought they were similar to raisins. They are so delicious and creamy and not what I expected.
Date Filled Thumbprint Cookies
Serves: 18 Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a blender, combine the almonds and the oats into a fine powder.
- Place that mixture in a bowl with the flour.
- Add all the wet ingredients minus the water in a bowl.
- Add wet to dry.
- In a food processor or magic bullet, mix the dates and a bit of water until they form into a paste and set aside.
- Roll the cookie batter into little balls and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Once all the balls are rolled, press them flat with your palm.
- Once all the cookies are flat, take your thumb and put a print in each cookie.
- Spoon a bit of the date paste into each thumbprint and bake in the oven for 11-13 minutes.