I am always trying to think of new ideas for quick breakfasts on the go. Here is my latest one. These high protein breakfast cookies are packed with good stuff like rolled oats, hemp seeds, coconut and sunflower seeds. My daughter and husband loved them too. In fact, my daughter loves saying that she gets to eat cookies for breakfast! This recipe is also very versatile. You can really make it your own.
These would be a great little snack to eat before or even after a workout. They would be great to take on a hike too. I spent the better part of my twenties backpacking around the country and loved to munch on healthy treats like this one.
High Protein Breakfast Cookies
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut unsweetened
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup Nutiva hemp seeds
- 1 egg (I used a flax egg, but a real egg would work too.)
- 5 medjool dates pitted and chopped
- 3 T coconut oil
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla beanor extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 T milk (I used almond milk)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all the dry ingredients, except the dates, in one bowl.
- Mix all wet in another.
- Add wet to dry.
- Fold in dates.
- Spoon batter onto a lined baking sheet
- Bake for about 15 minutes.