This is a dish that my husband and I have been making for a long time. In fact, we made it so often, that we got tired of it for awhile. We also did that with our Black Bean Veggie Burgers. We decided to make it again because it had been months since we last had it. If you are thinking about trying something different, I suggest you give this one a try. It would be a great dish for you to test out whether you like curry and tumeric.
This is also very inexpensive and easy to make. It makes a fairly good amount too. Just a warning though, tumeric will stain, so make sure to use cooking utensils that are not white. I made that mistake and now mine is yellow. 🙂
Curried Kidney Beans and Corn
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 3 cups kidney beans
- 2 T coconut oil
- 1 onion diced
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 cups corn (I used frozen non GMO)
- 1/2 T tumeric
- 1/2 T curry powder
- sea salt to taste
- In a food processor, mix the onions and garlic.
- Once chopped well, transfer to a large pan with oil and cook the them down a bit. About 5-7 minutes.
- Once onions and garlic are cooked a bit, add in the beans, corn, spices, salt and about 1 cup of water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn down, cover and simmer for about 20-30 minutes or until all the water has been boiled off.
You can eat this alone, add it to rice or even top it with some tofu or meat if you are an omnivore. Super easy and healthy.