No matter who you talk to, most everyone seems to love larabar, My two most viewed posts on the blog are the Peanut Butter Granola Bars and the Homemade Clif Bars. The first larabar recipeI created was the chocolate brownie. I think these coconut cream larabars came out even better!
These literally took about 5 minutes to make. Can it get any easier? I love recipes like this. The store bought Larabars cost $1.50 a piece. That can get pretty pricey if you are buying a lot of them. So here is my recipe. I hope you like it as much as we did.
Coconut Cream Larabars
20 minPrep Time
1 hr, 30 Total Time
- 15 Medjool Dates
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 3/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 T coconut oil
- 2 T water
- Mix the almonds, coconut and cashews in the food processor until fine.
- Then add the dates, oil and water and pulse until a dough forms.
- Line an 8X8 pan with parchment paper leaving enough room for some to come out the sides. That way, the bars will be easy to remove and cut with a pizza cutter.
- Press down the down so that it is packed well and place in the fridge to set.
- It will take an hour or two. Slice and eat. These should keep in the fridge for a couple weeks.