I made you some baked oatmeal! I just love oats. They are much more satisfying than a bowl of cold cereal. Since they are very high in fiber, they will keep you full for a long time afterward. Lately, I have been doing a few baked oatmeal dishes which have become my new favorite way to eat oats. First, I did the Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal. Then the Strawberry Banana Baked Oatmeal. Now this latest recipe.
This is my new favorite, because, let’s face it, almond butter makes everything better! Throw in some chocolate chips and you have yourself a pretty heavenly little breakfast. High protein too. These would be especially decadent if you topped them with my Sweet Peanut Butter Spread.
Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal
Yields 6 muffins
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 2 ripe bananas smashed (you can also use 1/2 cup applesauce or plain yogurt)
- 3 T maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 T almond milk
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Mix wet into another.
- Add wet to dry and mix well.
- Grease a muffin tin and spoon batter into each cup until it is about 3/4 full.
- Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes.
I used a jumbo muffin pan and got three of them out of this batch. If you use regular size muffin cups, you will probably get about 6.