I had a reader request I try a recipe to recreate the Key Lime Larabars. I have got to say that I like these a lot. I am not really a fan of key lime anything, but these little bars are good! They reminded me of the Coconut Cream Larabars, which are like crack and also my favorite. These larabars are so easy to make. How can you not try them when they take only 5 minutes?
The taste of lime comes out real nice in the finish. It’s a subtle taste. I only used the juice of 1 lime, bit you can add more if you like.
Now I have one question. Is there any flavor I am forgetting about? I thought maybe the blueberry flavor. What do you all think?
Key Lime Larabars
10 minPrep Time
2 hr, 10 Total Time
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 12 medjool dates pits removed
- juice of 1 lime
- 1-2 T of water if needed
- Process the cashews, coconut and almonds until they are a fine powder.
- Then add the dates and lime juice until a dough forms. If the dough looks a bit dry, you can add a few tablespoons of water to help it come together.
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment leaving enough room for some to come out the sides.
- Spread dough into the the dish. It will be very stick and you may need to wet a spatula to help you.
- Once the dough is evenly spread, press it down with your palms using the parchment paper.
- Place in the fridge for a few hours to set.