Sundays at our house have a morning tradition of waffles or pancakes. Lately, it has been waffles. I think my older daughter really looks forward to it. We used to do pancakes in my house growing up and I loved it. Today, I made some Almond Joy Waffles. To get things going quickly in the morning, I mix all the dry ingredients the night before. That way, it’s just as quick as store bought pancake mix, but much healthier!
I wasn’t really a fan of the Almond Joy bar growing up. I have grown to love all things coconut now. My husband, on the other hand, loved them so I knew he would enjoy these.
Almond Joy Waffles
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg (I used a flax egg substitute)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 2 T coconut oil
- 1 1/4-1 1/2 cup milk(I used almond milk)
- Turn on your waffle iron so it can heat up.
- In a medium bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl, mix the wet.
- Add wet to dry and mix just until combined.
- I scooped about a 1/2 cup amount of batter onto my waffle iron, but everyone’s is different. I got 4 large waffles out of my batch. If you are feeling extra frisky, you can top yours with some chocolate chips as well!