Almond Joy Energy Bites. This past Sunday, we made Almond Joy Waffles for breakfast. They were a big hit so I decided I would try some almond joy energy bites with similar ingredients.
My husband liked these healthy vegan almond energy bites so much, that I had to stop him from eating them all. I still needed to take pictures. A common food blogger problem haha!
It’s funny because as soon as he gets home from work, I am shoving things in his face to taste test. I like to get his approval as well as my three year old.
She helped me make these and kept trying to sneak the batter when she thought I wasn’t looking. Sneaky sneaky. Can’t say I blame her. They are delicious!
Looking for more energy bite recipes?
- 3 Ingredient Energy Bites
- Blueberry Muffin Energy Bites
- Carrot Cake Larabar Bites
- Cashew Cookie Larabar Bites
Almond Joy Energy Bites
Yields 12 balls
10 minPrep Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 10-12 medjool dates
- 1/4-1/2 tsp almond extract (I used 1/4 only because my husband doesn’t like a strong almond flavor)
- 1 T coconut oil melted
- 2 T water
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips I used carob chips
- In a food processor, mix the almonds and coconut until they are fine.
- Then add the dates, coconut oil and water and continue to pulse until you see a dough start to form.
- Roll into balls and place in the fridge to firm up.
I got about 12 balls out of my batch.