Okay you knew this had to be coming…
I went a little crazy with the hazelnuts. I just had some left over from my Vegan No Bake Nutella Bites and my Vegan Nutella Granola. Store bought Nutella is loaded with unhealthy ingredients and it’s so easy to make it yourself. Plus, now vegans can enjoy it too! This makes me so happy because I grew up eating Nutella. My mom is German and we always had it in our house. This little spread opens my mind to all kinds of yummy recipes to create in the future. Stay tuned!
Homemade Vegan Nutella
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 2 T maple syrup
- 2 T cocoa powder
- 2-3 T milk (Or more depending on how thick/thin you want it. I used almond milk)
- 1 tsp ground vanilla bean
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Toast the hazelnuts for about 10 minutes.
- Remove shells for a smoother texture. You can easily remove them by rubbing them in between your palms.
- In a food processor,pulse the nuts into a powder.
- Then add all the remaining ingredients and mix until a paste forms.
Feel free to add a bit more milk if you think it’s too thick. Just add a bit at a time. This recipe makes a pretty small batch so feel free to double it. Store in the fridge. I would imagine it to keep for a couple of weeks. That is, if it lasts that long!