Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Larabars. I had a reader request a recipe the peanut butter chocolate larabar. Since I love all things larabar, I wanted to make them asap. They came out great! I still love the Coconut Cream Larabar the best, but this one is pretty good too.
These healthy bars are no bake and super easy. They freeze well too, so feel free to double the batch!
I am more of an almond butter girl myself, but my husband LOVES peanut butter so I know that these will be gobbled up fast. I may try a second batch with almonds. I love recipes like this because they are just so easy.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Larabars
15 minPrep Time
2 hr, 15 Total Time
- 2 cups peanuts (I used raw unsalted peanuts )
- 10-12 medjool dates (If you use another kind of date, you may need to add a couple more. The medjool dates are larger.)
- 2-3 T water
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (I used carob chips. Gluten free use Enjoy Life chips)
- pinch sea salt
- In the food processor , blend the peanuts and salt into a powder.
- Pit the dates and add them in as well.
- If needed, slowly add a bit of water to help the mixture come together.
- Once the dough is formed, line and 8×8 glass baking dish with parchment paper leaving enough room for some paper to stick out the sides.
- Carefully, spoon the dough into the pan evenly. The dough will be very sticky and you may need to wet the spatula a bit.
- Using the extra paper, pack the dough down until it is flat and even.
- Place in the fridge to firm up.
I store them in the fridge. They should keep at least a week if you can get them to last that long!