These are so yummy and versatile!
Here in Texas, many people have pecan trees. We are not one of the lucky ones, but we do have several neighbors who do. When I go for walks with my daughters, sometimes we collect a few that the squirrels have not gotten to yet. My 3 year old thinks it’s the coolest thing ever. These candied pecans can be used in so many ways. You can toss them into plain yogurt, add them to cereal, throw them on a salad or just eat them straight up to curb a sweet tooth.
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups pecans (raw and unsalted)
- 2 T pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp crushed vanilla bean (you can use extract, but I think the crushed vanilla bean adds an extra sweetness that I can never get with the extract.)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a bowl toss the pecans in maple syrup. If using extract, add that too.
- Once the nuts look well coated, spread them out onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the vanilla bean over the pecans and place in the oven.
- Bake for around 15 minutes, stopping halfway through to shake them pecans around a bit. Enjoy!