This is my husband’s go to meal to use up whatever we have in the fridge. Well we were out of rice too so he subbed quinoa instead this time. It came out so good! I actually liked it better with the quinoa. This is a great dish for vegans because quinoa is a complete plant based protein. We added tofu to ours. If you want to make the tofu, just cut it into cubes and bake it at 400 for about 30 minutes. Or you could add your favorite protein and you have a great little meal.
This is a super easy meal to whip up quickly. We almost always have a container with cooked rice or quinoa on hand to make meals last longer so the quinoa had been cooked ahead of time. If you have never cooked quinoa, it is a 2:1 ratio. I part quinoa to 2 parts water. Bring to a boil and then cover, turn down and simmer for about 10-15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
Stir Fried Quinoa
- 2 cups quinoa cooked
- 3 carrots diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1/2 yellow onion rough chopped
- 3 T soy sauce or bragg’s aminos
- 1 T mirin
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 T toasted sesame oil
- salt to taste
- In a sauce pan, saute veggies for 5-7 minutes in toasted sesame oil, soy sauce, mirin, salt and garlic.
- Then add the quinoa and saute for another 6-7 minutes.
- The veggies should still retain some crunch. Enjoy!