This recipe was inspired by my Maple Vanilla Almond Granola which is my most favorite granola. In the granola recipe, I use leftover almond meal from making my Homemade Almond Milk. So I was hoping I could use some leftover meal in the waffle recipe as well.
It worked! So excited. Love when that happens.
Maple Vanilla Almond Waffles
Yields 4-5 waffles
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal (or almond flour)
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk (I used almond milk)
- 2 T maple syrup
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 T coconut oil
- 2 heaping tsp crushed vanilla bean (you can use vanilla extract, but the crushed vanilla bean s gives such a nice sweet flavor, so I like using it much better)
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 egg or egg substitute (I used a flax egg)
- Turn on your waffle maker.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl. I actually do this the night before so I can quickly make the waffles in the morning.
- Mix all the wet ingredients into another.
- Add wet to dry and mix until combined.
- Spoon batter onto the greased waffle iron. The batter will be thick.
- I spoon about 1/2 cup amount and use the spatula to help spread the batter out a bit.
I got about 4 1/2 waffles out of my batch. If you have leftovers you can freeze them and re-heat later. I do it all the time. Enjoy!