Almond Joy Granola. I have been slightly obsessed with coconut lately if you haven’t noticed. You need to try this Almond Joy Granola! What’s not to love? I was not always a coconut fan, but have grown to love it in so many ways.
I already have Almond Joy Energy Bites and Almond Joy Waffles, so why not create Almond Joy Granola. I have combined my love for coconut, with my love for granola to make this very tasty little snack. This almond joy granola is a must try!
This is so good! It may just be my new favorite. I have to admit, though, this recipe was not going to be granola. I was trying to do a baked oatmeal and when I went to pull them out of the muffin tins, they just fell apart.
But rather than toss it, I just threw it back in the oven for another 15 minutes and made it granola! Glad I did too, because the coconut got toasty and sweet. Yum!
We shot a short video for this recipe. You can view it below. For more videos, you can subscribe to my You Tube channel.
Almond Joy Granola
Yields 2.5 cups
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 – 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 T coconut oil melted
- 2 T almond milk
- 2 T chocolate chips (optional) I used carob chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl . Mix wet into another.
- Add wet to dry and mix until combined.
- Spread mixture onto a lined baking sheet .
- Bake in the oven for 17 minutes.
- Pull out and shake granola around and put back in the oven for another 15-17 minutes. Enjoy!