My husband makes the best fried rice. This is his fried rice with cashews. I recently posted about his Stir Fried Quinoa, which is also delicious. That day, we were out of some of the main ingredients so he improvised. This is the real version.
I could literally eat this entire bowl. Since there is wild rice as well as cashews, this can be considered a full meal and not just as side dish. It would a great Meatless Monday dish. This is also a meal that comes together in minutes. I am all about easy meals.
Fried Rice with Cashews
Serves 4 - 5 servings
20 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 2 1/2 cups cooked rice (we used wild rice)
- 1/2 yellow onion rough chopped
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup edamame (cooked)
- 2 tsp umeboshi plum vinegar
- 3 T soy sauce, tamari or bragg’s aminos (tamari is gluten free)
- 1 T mirin
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 T toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup cashews chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- In a pan, saute all the ingredients except the rice and cashews, for about 7 minutes on medium high heat.
- Add the rice and cashews and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring frequently. That’s it. Enjoy!
If you use raw cashews, you may want to toast them for a few minutes to bring out more flavor.