My daughter loves muffins with surprises inside, so this recipe is for her. Who doesn’t like a surprise? I already have my Nutella Filled Banana Muffins on the blog. These muffins contain a sweet little surprise, but they are made with wholesome ingredients. If you like my Pecan Pie Larabars, you will love these! This is a great one to make with your kids.
I let my daughter put the filling into each muffin. It was fun to be able to let her help me bake.
Pecan Pie Filled Muffins
Yields 12 muffins
10 minPrep Time
13 minCook Time
23 minTotal Time
- I used my pecan pie larabar recipe
- 1 3/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 egg (I used a flax egg replacement)
- 2 T coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla beans or extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl .
- Mix wet into another.
- Add wet to dry.
- Mix only until combined.
- Spoon a small amount of batter into lined
- muffin pans. I used standard sized muffin pans .
- Take some of the pecan mixture and roll it into a ball.
- Place it on top of the muffin batter.
- Cover the top with more batter.
- Repeat these steps until all are done.
- Bake in the oven for about 13 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.