I have been wanting to so an Asian slaw for quite some time now. This week, we had some leftover red cabbage and I took that as a sign. What we came out with was so good!
This Asian slaw would be great in some spring rolls, or in an Asian wrap with your favorite protein. It is definitely a dish that will be made often in our house. Just today, I added some cashews to it for my husband’s lunch and he said they were amazing on top. So even though it’s not pictured, I will add it to the recipe. 🙂 This is a quick dish that can be made in a few minutes.
Serves 4 servings
20 minPrep Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 head red cabbage chopped
- 2 apples diced (I used gala apples, but any would work)
- 3 carrots shredded
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 2 T toasted sesame oil
- 2 T rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup toasted cashews
- salt to taste
- Throw the cabbage, apples, cashews and carrots into a large bowl .
- In a small bowl , whisk
- the remaining ingredients to make the dressing.
- Pour the dressing onto the salad and toss.
This made about 4 servings and should last for a week in the fridge. Enjoy!