I love making ice cream. It’s one of those things that looks hard until you try it. This pecan and caramel ice cream might be one of the best ice creams I have ever made. This stuff is good… I really can’t say enough about this pecan caramel ice cream recipe.
You are probably wondering how I made a vegan caramel. Dates can make an incredible caramel if you just blend them with a little water. I love that I can make a caramel with zero added sugar. I also added very little sugar to the ice cream mixture itself. This recipe is like my 3 ingredient Peanut Butter Ice Cream. Just a few simple ingredients is all you need.
Pecan Caramel Ice Cream
Yields 4-5 cups
20 minPrep Time
- 6 medjool dates
- 1/4 cup raw pecans
- 3 T water
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 2 tsp ground vanilla bean or extract
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 2-3 T maple syrup
- In a blender or food processor , blend up the ingredients for the caramel.
- Set aside.
- In the ice cream machine , add the ingredients for the ice cream, except the pecans and turn on the machine.
- After about 5 minutes, drizzle the caramel mixture into the ice cream bowl.
- When the ice cream looks like it’s almost done, add in the nuts.
The whole thing took about 15-20 minutes to make. I got about 4 1/2 cup servings out of my batch. Enjoy!