Fruit leathers are really easy to make. Much cheaper too! I used my dehydrator to make these peach fruit leathers, but you can make them in your oven as well. I just love the dehydrator because it quietly runs and I can even leave the house with it on. It also doesn’t heat up the kitchen. This is so easy, it’s almost silly to call it a recipe.
Peach Fruit Leathers
- 5 peaches
- 1 T honey or maple syrup (optional)
- If using an oven, preheat it to 150.
- Cut and pit all the peaches. I left the skins on, but you can also remove them if you want.
- In a food processor or blender, mix the peaches into a smooth puree. Take a taste.
- If the mixture is on the tart side, add a small amount of sweetener.
- If you are using the oven, spread the mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Make sure it’s as even as it can get.
- Bake for about 7 hours or until the mixture is a bit tacky. I kept checking on mine to see how easily it could pull away from the parchment.
- I also line my dehydrator trays with parchment.
- Set the dehydrator on 150 and run for about 7 hours.
I got about 10 fruit rolls out of my batch. I really wish I had made more. Feel free to double the batch! Enjoy!