Every weekend we try to make waffles. We usually make Blueberry Oatmeal Waffles or Strawberry Banana Waffles. The last couple months, my daughter had soccer early in the morning, so we had to rush out quickly with no time to make waffles. This past weekend, we were finally able to again. My daughter requested apple cinnamon waffles, so here you go.
You can use all white whole wheat flour if you want. I just like to mix it up with some oat flour. This recipe is super easy and could probably be easily converted into pancakes as well. It will make your house smell amazing too! I always make a big batch and then freeze some. Then you can easily pull one out and toast it on those busy mornings!
Apple Cinnamon Waffles
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 3/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup applesauce (unsweetened)
- 2 heaping tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 T coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg
- 2 T coconut oil
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Mix wet in another.
- Add we to dry and mix until combined.
- Using a 1/2 cup scoop, spoon mixture onto a greased waffle pan.
- Repeat these steps until all are made. I got 5-6 waffles out of my batch. Enjoy!