Fall is just around the corner. That makes me think of warm smells like cinnamon and nutmeg. I just love it! This recipe is like having the fall flavors all wrapped up in one yummy breakfast! If you have already made my Almond Butter Overnight Oats, you know that this recipe is super easy!
This oatmeal has a little crunch in the morning from the steel cut oats. If you like more of a smoother oatmeal, then rolled oats may be better for you to use. I make up a whole bunch of these and then just grab and go during the week. I added no sugar to mine at all, but if you like your oatmeal a bit sweeter, I will put an option in the ingredients.
Check out this video for a pumpkin version of overnight oats
Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup gluten free steel cut or rolled oats (Steel cut oats will have a crunch. Rolled oats will be smoother)
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp flax meal
- 1/2 – 1 tsp of cinnamon depending on how strong you like it to be
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1-2 T unsweetened applesauce
- 1 – 2 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup almond milk (depending on how thick or thin you like your oatmeal)
- Throw all the contents into a jar and mix well.
- Stick in the fridge overnight.
I put mine in small mason jars . They work great! I eat mine cold, but you can certainly heat your up if you like. Enjoy!