Everyone likes a little jam once and awhile. Most store bought jams contain too much processed sugar. Did you know you can easily make your own jam recipe without processed sugar, pectin or canning? I already have Blueberry Chia Jam on the blog. Since it’s almost fall, I thought I would make one that incorporated those flavors. This apple spiced jam recipe came out great.
This is it and it couldn’t be any easier! I used chia seeds to help gel up the spread. This will literally take minutes to make. Spread it on toast, swirl it in yogurt, or even use it as a pancake topping!
Apple Spiced Refrigerator Jam
Yields 8 oz.
10 minPrep Time
40 minTotal Time
- 2 apples peeled and cored (I saved the peels because my daughter likes to snack on them. Any apples will do. I used gala.)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 2 T maple syrup (This is optional. Taste the mixture and if it’s not sweet enough, add the syrup.)
- 2-3 T chia seeds
- In the food processor , blend up the apples.
- Then add in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Put the jam in a covered container and set it in the fridge to set up. Takes about 30 minutes to an hour.
This made 8 oz of jam. I store mine in mason jars , but you can use any container. It should last a few weeks in the fridge and you can also freeze it for longer storage. Enjoy!