Now that fall is almost here, I am going to be punching out new soup recipes! This is the first of many to come this winter. Soups are great because they are super easy and very budget friendly. One of my favorite recipes on the blog is my Hearty White Bean Soup.
I used my homemade vegetable broth in this recipe. So easy to make. Just save all your vegetable scraps in the freezer and when you have enough, make a ton of broth. You will never need to buy broth again. We also added curry to ours, but if you are not a fan, you can just omit the curry. I thought is made a nice addition though.
Carrot Ginger Soup
Yields 4 servings
20 minPrep Time
8 hrCook Time
8 hr, 30 Total Time
- 6-8 carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- juice of 1 orange
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (I used the canned full fat milk)
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger minced
- salt to taste
- Throw everything in a crock pot and cook on high for 3-4 hours, or on low for 7-8 hours. You can cook it in less time, but I believe the longer a soup cooks, the better it gets.
- Once the soup is cooked, you can use an immersion blender to puree it.
- You can also transfer the mixture to a blender and puree it that way. Either way works.
We got about 4 servings out of our batch. Enjoy!