These chocolate almond banana bites are so good! I wanted to incorporate the flavors of my 5 minute banana ice cream, which I seem to make at least a few times a week. These frozen chocolate treats are so healthy and it feels like you are cheating! No ice cream maker necessary.
These chocolate almond banana bites contain no added sugars, except for the small amount of sugar in the dark chocolate. They are a great banana chocolate dessert to keep in your freezer when you have that sweet craving. I used standard sized muffin cups to make mine, but you can also use mini cups and make a larger, bite-size batch.
Chocolate Almond Banana Bites
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this healthy treat!
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/2 tsp ground vanilla bean
- 1 1/2 dark chocolate bars (I used Endangered Species 3.5 oz bars)
- 1/4 cup milk of choice (I used almond milk)
- In a small bowl, mix the banana, vanilla and almond butter.
- Mash it together well and set aside.
- In a saucepan,, melt the chocolate and almond milk on medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Once you get a smooth chocolate, add a small amount to the bottom of a lined muffin tin.
- I used silicone muffin liners to make removing the chocolate easier when it’s time to eat.
- Once you have placed chocolate at the bottom on each cup, stick it in the freezer to firm up. About 10 minutes.
- Once the chocolate is firm, add in the banana filling and then cover the top with more chocolate.
- Repeat these steps until all are done.
Using standard sized muffin cups, I got 6 out of my batch. I store them in the freezer. Enjoy!