Get ready for another pumpkin recipe! I have been trying to think outside the box a bit for these pumpkin treats. This pumpkin chocolate cup is one little dessert I came up with, and they are simply amazing. If you like pumpkin, are looking for a sweet pumpkin dessert recipe, then this recipe is for you.
Instead of adding a lot of sugar to the pumpkin mixture, I mixed it with pecans, spices and only a small amount of maple syrup. I think it gives the filling a naturally sweetened taste. These are very easy to make as well. Vegan, gluten free and paleo. If you enjoy these you may also enjoy my Clean Eating Peanut Butter Cups or my Banana Chocolate Almond Cups.
Pumpkin Chocolate Cups
Serves: 6 cups
- In a food processor, blend up the pecans into a fine meal.
- Then add the pumpkin, maple syrup and spices and continue to pulse until everything is well mixed. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate and milk on med-low heat. Stir often until the chocolate becomes smooth.
- Get a standard sized muffin tin and place some liners into it. I use silicone liners to make the removal super simple.
- Place a small amount of chocolate into the bottom of each cup.
- Stick the muffin pan in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Once it’s frozen, add the pumpkin/pecan mixture and then top the cups with more chocolate.
- Stick back into the freezer for a few hours to firm them up.