I just love blueberries. Spring is one season I look forward to, not only for the weather, but for the berries! I have been wanting to make gluten free blueberry muffins ever since I came up with my spelt blueberry bread. Well today was the day and these gluten free blueberry muffins came out great. These gluten free blueberry muffins almost remind me of a muffin version of my blueberry baked oatmeal.
I think the thing that makes these gluten free blueberry muffins so special is the hint of lemon. It really helps freshen these muffins up. They are also super moist and would make a perfect breakfast for the weekend. You can also double the batch and freeze some for quick breakfasts on the go.
Yields 12 standard muffins or 6 jumbo muffins
Super moist muffins bursting with blueberries.
10 minPrep Time
22 minTotal Time
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 T coconut oil
- 2 flax eggs (I used flax egg replacements)
- 1 heaping cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl .
- Mix wet in another.
- Add wet to dry.
- Mix until combined
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon batter into lined muffin tins .
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Wait until muffins are completely cooled before removing form pans.
If making jumbo muffins, adjust the cook time to about 12-14 minutes. These muffins should be stored in the fridge. They should last about 2 weeks that way. You can also freeze them for longer storage.