I love veggie burgers. Who doesn’t right? Well store bought veggie burgers don’t cut it for me. The rubbery texture and unidentifiable ingredients in store bought veggie burgers are enough to turn me off. You can get so much more flavor and texture from homemade veggie burgers. These sweet potato black bean burgers are a spin off my Sweet Potato Veggie Burgers. If you have made those burgers, you will love these too!
I like to make sweet potato black bean burgers because they are easy and very budget friendly. The other day I had some leftover black beans I wanted to use as well, so I decided to combine the two and create a whole new recipe. These came out great. Sweet potato and black beans go very well together.
Yields 8 burgers
A no fuss veggie burger recipe that you will love!
30 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
60 minTotal Time
- 2 sweet potatoes (peeled and boil until soft)
- 2 green onions chopped fine
- 1 1/2 cups black beans (measurement is after soaking and cooking)
- 1 flax egg
- 1 T smoked paprika
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 T nutritional yeast
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Peel and boil the potatoes until soft.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl very well.
- Form the patties. I use 1/4 cup to scoop and measure mine.
- Place formed patties on a greased baking sheet .
- Bake for about 30 minutes, stopping halfway through to flip the patties.
Store these burgers in the fridge for a couple weeks. You can freeze them for longer. I cook them and then freeze them all the time.