Did you know that eating something salty can curb a sweet tooth? I swear it works. I keep roasted pepitas on hand all the time for that very reason. If you don’t know what pepitas are, they are the inside part of a pumpkin seed. Roasted pepitas have such great flavor. Pepitas are also a great source of magnesium and omega 3 fatty acid. When made in this fashion, they can be quite addicting. My kids love them as well.
Serves: 2 cups
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl, mix the pepitas and oil.
- Stir well until the oil has coated all the pepitas.
- Once the pepitas are coated, stir in the salt.
- Spread the pepitas onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes, shaking them pepitas about half way through.
- Store in a glass jar on the counter top or in the pantry.
- They should last a week or two. Maybe more? They never last long here!