A few weeks ago, I entered a contest for the Today Show. It was a Too Good To Be Healthy Chocolate contest. So I submitted my Chocolate Almond Banana Cups. Well, my chocolate almond banana cup recipe made the finals! So I flew to New York to be on the show. During the show, the hosts picked mine as their favorite. Can you believe it?? During this time, I tried a variation of the recipe which is how these 3 Ingredient Banana Cups were born.
This came out so good that I had to share it with you. There is no added sugar and they taste amazing. I can’t tell you how much I love frozen bananas. They make the best ice cream too. If you haven’t tried my 5 Minute Banana Ice Cream, you need to. So good!
Yields 6 cups
A simple, guilt free treat!
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (or my 3 Ingredient Chocolate Bar recipe)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- Using a double boiler method, melt the chocolate chips and milk.
- Once melted, pour a small amount into the bottom of some lined muffin cups . I used silicone liners and they worked great! Paper would also work. I was able to get six.
- Stick the muffin pan in the freezer for 5-10 minutes.
- While the chocolate is in the freezer, smash the banana.
- Add a bit of banana on top of each chocolate cup.
- Fill the cups with the remaining amount of chocolate.
- Stick the muffin pan back in the freezer until everything is firm.
These chocolate cups need to be stored in the freezer. They get very soft as soon as you take them out. I also cut them into pieces and used them as an ice cream topping. Yum!