Y’all this Dairy Free Sour Cream is where it’s at. Many people are moving away from dairy these days. Maybe because so many kids these days cannot tolerate it. My own daughter is allergic to dairy.
It makes her skin break out. Sure there are dairy free sour cream products on the market, but those are usually soy based.
Since most soy in this country is GMO, I thought I would come up with my own vegan and paleo sour cream recipe.
This recipe actually came about by accident. I was trying to make a sauce for another recipe and after I made it, I realized it tasted JUST LIKE sour cream. So viola! That is the story of this delicious discovery.
Dairy Free Sour Cream
Yields 1 cup sour cream
A dairy free, soy free sour cream made from real ingredients!
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked overnight)
- 2 T apple cider vinegar
- 2 T lemon juice or juice of 1 small lemon
- 1/4 cup water
- salt to taste
- Soak the cashews overnight.
- Drain and rinse them the next day.
- Add the cashews to a blender and blend for 1 minute.
- Add in the lemon juice and vinegar and keep blending.
- Lastly, add in the water and salt. Blend until it's smooth.
This sour cream should keep in the fridge for a couple weeks. I haven't tried freezing it yet. If the consistency is a little thick, you can add a little more water until you reach a desired consistency.