Homemade Healthier Mounds Bars. Who doesn’t love a Mounds bar? Chocolate on the outside, coconut on the inside. Yum yum!
Well, I am betting the store bought Mounds Bars have a lot of ingredients I try to avoid. My homemade, healthier Mounds bar recipe only calls for 6 ingredients and is very easy to make. If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy my Copycat Peanut Butter Eggs or my Almond Joy Energy Bites.
This homemade mounds bar recipe is also vegan, gluten free and grain free. Recipe also makes a small batch so you are not stuck eating a lot of them. That is, unless you want to! 😉
Looking for more homemade candy recipes?
- Homemade Junior Mints
- Homemade Clean Eating Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- 4 Ingredient Healthy Buckeyes
- 3 Ingredient Homemade Chocolate Bars
Homemade Healthier Mounds Bars
Yields 8 balls
A healthier version of the store bought treat!
20 minPrep Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 T coconut oil
- 2 T maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla beans or vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 T almond milk
- In a food processor , combine all the filling ingredients for 1-2 minutes.
- Form into balls and place on a lined baking sheet. The mixture will seem loose, but I promise it stays together once it's set.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer. Let it sit in there for an hour to get the balls nice and cold.
- Using a double boiler method, melt the chocolate and the milk together. Stir constantly until the chocolate is smooth.
- Carefully, using two forks, roll the balls into the chocolate and set them back onto the baking sheet.
- Place them back in the freezer to set. It should take about an hour.
- Once the chocolate has set, you can store these balls in the fridge or keep them in the freezer.
If you choose to store these in the freezer, you will need to let them sit outside the freezer for a couple of minutes before you eat them. Enjoy!