Omg! You guys! These flourless salted caramel cookies are amazing! I know I have said that with my 4 ingredient flourless chocolate cookies and my flourless chocolate chip cookies as well. These flourless salted caramel chocolate chip cookies take it to the next level. Can you believe they have zero added sugar?
Yes you heard that right. No added sugar. You see, these cookies are naturally sweetened with dates. These salted caramel chocolate chip cookies are also vegan, gluten free and grain free.
You can easily make your own cashew butter by following the directions in this video.
Flourless Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serves: 8 cookies
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Drain the dates in the water.
- In a small blender combine the dates, sea salt and 2 T new water and mix until a caramel starts to form. If you need to add a little extra water, that is okay.
- In a food processor, mix the cashew butter, vanilla and baking powder together.
- Add the caramel to the cashew butter mixture and pulse a few times.
- Lastly add the chocolate chips and pulse a few more times.
- Drop cookies onto a lined baking sheet. I used a cookie scoop and got 9 cookies.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes.
- Wait until the cookies are completely cooled before removing them from the baking sheet.
- Store cookies in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. You can also freeze them for longer.
Feel free to use another nut butter or even sunflower butter in place of the cashew butter, but keep in mind it may alter the flavor slightly.