If you have been following this blog for a while, you know I am a huge fan of overnight oats. Overnight oats are just so easy and they require no cooking! Overnight oats also travel very well. Since I love lemon and coconut together, I thought I would try the flavors in this Lemon Coconut Overnight Oats recipe.
This turned out really good! If you love lemon and coconut together, then you will probably love this! A super easy, healthy breakfast!
Yields 1 jar = 1 serving
An easy and healthy breakfast!
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 T lemon juice (If you like a really strong lemon flavor, add a little more)
- 1/2 T maple syrup
- 1 T chia seeds
- 1/2 cup gluten free steel cut or gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 T shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tsp ground vanilla beans or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- optional: 1 chopped medjool date
- In a jar, mix all the ingredients and stir well.
- Cover the jar and store in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, you can heat it up, or eat it cold. I eat mine cold.
If you like a smoother oatmeal, if you want your oats to have a crunch, you can use the steel cut oats. I like the steel cut oats myself. I make 5 of these at a time for easy breakfast all week. Enjoy!