I am a huge fan of avocados. So I made some avocado pesto dip. In my opinion, avocados make everything better.
If you are worried about the avocado browning, you can always squeeze a small amount of lemon juice onto it. I ate it for a second time today and it tasted great even though it had browned a little.
Avocado Pesto Dip
Yields About 2 cups
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 2 avocados
- 15 basil leaves
- 1 1/2 cups loosely packed spinach
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (see notes)
- 2 T chopped parsley
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt to taste
- In a food processor , combine the avocado, basil and spinach until smooth.
- Then add in the nutritional yeast, parsley, garlic and salt and pulse until everything is smooth.
- If you don't want the avocado to brown, you can squirt a little lemon juice onto it.
- Store the dip in an airtight container in the fridge. It should last 4 days. You may be able to freeze it for longer .
In case you were wondering, nutritional yeast is different from bread yeasts. It adds a nutty and cheesy flavor. If you don't want to use it, you can omit it, but I suggest adding a 1/4 nuts instead. Enjoy!