I am a huge fan of avocados. So I made some avocado pesto dip. In my opinion, avocados make everything better. Avocados are great on their own, in salads or smoothies. This avocado pesto dip is fantastic. It is oil free and dairy free. I loved this avocado pesto dip as a dip, but I could also see it being used as a sauce or maybe in a wrap as well.
If you are worried about the avocado browning, you can always squeeze a small amount of lemon juice onto it. I ate it for a second time today and it tasted great even though it had browned a little.
Avocado Pesto Dip
Serves: About 2 cups
- 2 avocados
- 15 basil leaves
- 1½ cups loosely packed spinach
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast (see notes)
- 2 T chopped parsley
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt to taste
- In a food processor, combine the avocado, basil and spinach until smooth.
- Then add in the nutritional yeast, parsley, garlic and salt and pulse until everything is smooth.
- If you don't want the avocado to brown, you can squirt a little lemon juice onto it.
- Store the dip in an airtight container in the fridge. It should last 4 days. You may be able to freeze it for longer .