Hands up if you love coconut! People either love it or hate it. Personally, I hated coconut for years, but now I love it. Toasting coconut can add a new level of flavor to anything you are making. These flourless toasted coconut caramel cookies are no exception. If you were a fan of my flourless salted caramel cookies and my flourless chocolate chip cookies, you will love these flourless toasted coconut cookies!
Just like the other flourless cookie recipes, these are a cinch to make. They are also only sweetened with dates! That’s right. No sugar added to these. I hope you enjoy them.
Yields 10 cookies
Flourless cookies packed with toasted coconut!
20 minPrep Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 cup unsalted cashew butter (see notes)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 5 medjool dates (soaked in water for 30 minutes)
- 2 T water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Spread out the coconut onto a lined baking sheet. Bake for about 5-7 minutes. Watch it carefully.
- Once the coconut is toasted, set it aside to cool a minute. Turn the oven temp up to 350.
- In a food processor , combine the cashew butter, toasted coconut, vanilla and sea salt.
- Drain the water that the dates were soaking in and add them to a small blender with 2 tablespoons new water. Pulse until you get a caramel.
- Add the caramel to the food processor and pulse a few times.
- Spoon cookies onto a lined baking sheet. I used a cookie scoop for this. Super easy!
- Bake for about 9-10 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool completely before removing them off the baking sheet. Otherwise, they may fall apart.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container.
- They should last a couple of weeks. You can also freeze them!
You can find cashew butter at most health food stores, but you can make it yourself for much cheaper. Just use 2 cups cashew pieces. Throw them in the food processor for 5-7 minutes and viola! homemade cashew butter. I did that for this recipe. Enjoy!