I have been wanting to do a parfait for a while now. Who doesn’t like a parfait? Creamy and delicious with juicy berries in every bite. Since we are in the midst of spring, I felt a mixed berry parfait was in order. Omg you guys! This mixed berry parfait was out of this world good. If you like desserts with berries, you may also like my strawberry creme truffles or my strawberry tart.
Food photography can be tough sometimes. Here I thought I was putting everything in so carefully, but it still didn’t come out with the beautiful layers. Live and learn I guess. I promise you that this mixed berry parfait is delicious! I made the nuts ahead of time. If you don’t like pecans, you can probably use another nut in it’s place. The vanilla bean cream is to die for! I felt that it really didn’t need any sweetener. The vanilla beans give it a hint of sweetness. Also, if you are not a fan of coconut milk, you can probably use heavy whipping cream in place of it.
Here is a quick video on how to make the coconut whip cream.
Mixed Berry Parfait
Serves: 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl, mix the pecans, maple syrup and salt. Make sure everything is coated well.
- Spread the nuts onto a lined baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, stopping halfway through to shake the pan. Let the nuts cool.
- Make sure your un-opened can of coconut milk has been chilling overnight in the fridge. Open the can and scoop out the fatty white part. Put it in a mixing bowl with the vanilla. Using a whipping attachment, whip the coconut into a cream. This should take a few minutes.
- Once the coconut milk is whipped into a cream, you are ready to assemble the parfaits.
- I started with a layer of cream, then a layer of nuts , more cream, and top it with fruit. You can really assemble them any way you like. I also think these would be just as good without the the nuts.