I am so happy that watermelons are showing up at the store again! Watermelons grow so well here in Texas, so they are always very reasonably priced. Not to mention juicy delicious! We live off watermelon all summer. I have told you guys in that past about my basil plant growing out of control. Well this watermelon salad recipe used more basil as well. Basil goes so well in this watermelon salad. This watermelon salad with blackberries and basil is super easy to make. Vegan and gluten free too. You will love it. I promise. 🙂
Watermelon Salad with Blackberries and Basil
Serves: 3-4 servings
- 3 cups watermelon cubed
- 1 container blackberries (About 1¼ cups)
- 10 basil leaves chopped fine
- Juice of one lime
- (optional) 1 T maple syrup or raw honey (I did not add it.)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Let sit at least 30 minutes in the fridge before eating.