Healthy Blueberry Pie. Out of all the desserts out there, pie has always been my favorite. In fact, my very first blog post was a pie recipe.
Please forgive the awful photos! Since we are in the middle of berry season, I was thinking about blueberry pie.
Last weekend, we took the girls out to lunch at Spiral Diner. My husband got the blueberry pie for dessert. It was good! I knew I could come home and make a healthier blueberry pie! My homemade blueberry pie is not only delicious, it’s vegan, gluten free and grain free!
This pie is delicious when topped with coconut whip cream. See how to make it in the video below. For more videos, you can subscribe to my You Tube Channel.
Looking for more pie recipes?
Healthy Blueberry Pie
Yields 12 thin slices
A healthier version of the classic pie!
15 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 2 cups blanched almond flour ( oat flour will probably work too, but it will not be grain free)
- 2 T coconut oil
- 1 flax egg
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 5 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 T chia seeds
- 1 T arrowroot
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a food processor , mix the flour and salt. Add in the coconut oil and flax egg and pulse until a dough starts to form.
- Press the dough into a glass pie dish and bake for about 9-10 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the blueberries, maple syrup, water, lemon juice, cinnamon, and salt. Bring to a boil and then turn down and simmer for about 3-5 minutes.
- Once the mixture is done simmering, add in the chia seeds and arrowroot and mix well. Let the mixture sit for about 5 minutes.
- Pour the blueberry mixture into the pie crust and bake for 15-20 minutes.
Please keep the pie stored in the fridge. It should last at least a week. You may even be able to freeze it, but I haven't tried to say for sure. The crust recipe I used was from Elana's Pantry .