Ever since I made my carrot cake baked oatmeal, I have been wanting to make carrot raisin muffins. My husband is a fan of carrot anything, so I knew these carrot raisin muffins would be a hit. I must be honest though. This was my second attempt at carrot raisin muffins. The first batch of carrot raisin muffins came out awful. With a few tweaks, I was able to make this batch successful! If you like carrot treats, you may also like my carrot cake larabar bites. Anytime I can sneak some veggies into my kids is a win. They enjoyed these muffins.
These muffins are vegan, gluten free dairy free and egg free. Great for anyone that has allergies. My own daughter struggled with dairy and egg allergies for the first 2 years of her life. Normally I use oat flour in all my muffin recipes. I happen to have a bag of gluten free all purpose, so I used that instead.
Yields 12 stanard sized muffins
An easy and healthy breakfast!
10 minPrep Time
25 minTotal Time
- 2 cups gluten free all purpose flour (you can also use oat flour if you prefer)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl .
- Mix wet in another bowl .
- Add wet to dry and mix until combined.
- Fold in the raisins.
- Spoon batter into lined or greased muffin pans . I used silicone liners for mine.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
These muffins need to be stored in the fridge. They should last a couple weeks that way. You can also freeze them for up to 6 months! Enjoy!