Chocolate Zucchini Muffins. The other day, my in-laws gave us a bunch of zucchini from their neighbor’s garden. I have been wanting to make some healthy zucchini muffins for a while.
So I set out to make some muffins. My vegan zucchini muffins are not only vegan, but they are gluten free as well.
These muffins not only pack a hidden serving of veggies for the kids, but they are also oil free as well. This recipe is very easy to make and freezes well too.
Looking for more zucchini recipes?
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cookies
- Alfredo Zucchini Pasta
- Zucchini Pasta with Pesto Sauce
- Lemon Zucchini Muffins
Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
Yields 12 stanard sized muffins
A healthier muffin with a hidden serving of veggies!
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 flax eggs
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Mix wet in another bowl.
- Add wet to dry and mix until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into lined or greased muffin pans . I use silicone liners that work awesome.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
*** If you use a medium to large sized zucchini, you will need to squeeze out the excess moisture.