I am super excited to share these no bake German chocolate bites with you. Now that we are in the middle of summer, no one wants to heat up the entire kitchen with the oven on. That is why these no bake German chocolate Bites are so great. I just love no bake treats, don’t you?
I also made these with NO added sugar! My husband took one bite and said they taste just like German chocolate cake! Win!
When you think of a typical German chocolate cake recipe, it is very involved and intimidating. Not these! You can make them up in a matter of minutes without a mixer! These no bake German chocolate bites are vegan, gluten free, paleo and nut free. They are only sweetened with dates!
For the chocolate coating, I used my 3 ingredient chocolate bar recipe. I just left out the maple syrup. If you tend to like things a little sweeter, you can add 1 tablespoon maple syrup to the chocolate.
Here is a quick video on how to make the chocolate.
Quick video on how to make these bites. For more videos, you can subscribe to my You Tube Channel.
No Bake German Chocolate Bites
Yields 6 bites
Only 4 ingredients to make this no bake treat!
5 minPrep Time
30 minTotal Time
- 12 medjool dates (pits removed and soaked in water for at least 30 minutes)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- optional: pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 T coconut oil
- Remove the pits from the dates and soak them in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Drain the water and add the dates to a food processor with the coconut. You may need to add 1 T of water to help everything blend. You want the mixture to have texture, so be careful not to over blend.
- Using a cookie scoop , scoop the mixture into balls and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Stick the balls in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl , mix the cocoa powder and coconut oil. Whisk until smooth.
- Using a spoon, drizzle a little onto the tops of each bite and stick back into the freezer.
Store these bites in the freezer. They should last up to 6 months. Enjoy!