Have I mentioned that my husband is a good cook? This mushroom and bell pepper fajita recipe is one of his creations. This is another one of his creations and also one of the most popular recipes on the blog. We have been using his homemade fajita seasoning ever since I posted this recipe. Homemade fajita seasoning is awesome because you can control the ingredients in it. These mushroom and bell pepper fajitas came out so delicious!
Fajitas are so hard to photograph. I did the best I could. I hope they look yummy to you. These fajitas are vegan and gluten free. I topped them with my dairy free sour cream. It’s amazing. If you haven’t tried it, you should. It really taste like sour cream. Or at least what I remember sour cream to taste like. lol. And everything is better with avocado. Agreed?
Mushroom and Bell Pepper Fajitas
A healthy meal ready in under 30 minutes!
- 2 large portobello mushrooms (sliced thin)
- 1/2 a yellow onion rough chopped
- 1 green pepper (sliced)
- 1 red pepper (sliced)
- 1 T fajita seasoning
- 2 T avocado oil
- sea salt to taste
- tortillas (I used Udi's gluten free tortillas)
- For garnish: add avocado slices, cilantro, and tomatoes
- In a large saute pan, on medium low heat, add the ingredients, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and build your fajitas.
- I added the cooked mixture, sliced avocados, cilantro, tomatoes and my dairy free sour cream.
Don't assemble the fajitas until you are ready to eat. The vegetable mixture should keep in the fridge for about a week. You can also freeze it for longer storage. Enjoy!