Quinoa Brownies that are vegan and gluten free!! Yes I did it. I made quinoa chocolate brownies. After I made the quinoa cookies and they were a hit, I thought I would experiment with quinoa brownies.
These delicious brownies are vegan, gluten free and grain free. Quinoa is technically a seed and not a grain. You would never be able to tell there was quinoa in these brownies.
These healthier brownies also come with a punch of protein. Did you know that quinoa is one of the few plant based, complete proteins? I hope you enjoy these brownies as much as I did.
Looking for more quinoa recipes?
- Quinoa Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cashew Quinoa Granola Bars
- Healthy Quinoa Salad
- Quinoa with Roasted Vegetables
Yields 9 brownies
A healthy brownie with hidden superfoods!
5 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 1 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (you can use real eggs if you like)
- 1/2 cup unsalted almond butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Put all ingredients in a blender .
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a parchment lined baking dish. I used an 8x8 dish .
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes.
- Please wait until the brownies have completely cooled before removing them from the pan and cutting into squares.
Please store these brownies in the fridge in an air tight container. They should last 7-10 days. They can also be frozen for longer storage. Enjoy!