I love making homemade protein bars. These almond joy protein bars are my latest creation. Have you checked the ingredients in store bought protein bars? Most of them are high in processed sugar and contain synthetic forms of protein. Not mine. I prefer to get my protein from whole foods. That is exactly what you will get with these almond joy protein bars.
These homemade protein bars are vegan and gluten free. The freeze very well, so you can make a big batch if you like. I only used dates as a sweetener. They also help to bind these bars together. If you like the flavors of almond joy, you may also like my almond joy energy bites and my almond joy waffles.
Almond Joy Protein Bars
Serves: 10 bars
- In a food processor, combine the oats, almonds, shredded coconut, chia seeds, flax meal, hemp hearts and sea salt. Pulse for a minute or two.
- Then add in the remaining ingredients, except the chocolate chips and water, and mix until a dough starts to form.
- Then add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the mixture comes together.
- Lastly, add the chocolate chips and pulse a couple times until they get mixed in.
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper. Leave enough paper to stick out the sides.
- Press the mixture into the baking dish. Press down VERY hard.
- Place the baking dish in the fridge to set. It should take an hour. You can also put it in the freezer for less time.
- Once the mixture has set, pull the whole thing out by the sides of the parchment paper. I used a pizza cutter to cut mine into bars.