I think I have mentioned that I am a big fan of salads. This Corn, Tomato and Avocado Salad is my latest. I have so many healthy salad recipes on the blog already. You can never have too many salad recipes right? The corn we used in this recipe was organic and non GMO. We bought 48 ears of it from our co-op last summer. We still had some left in the freezer. This corn, tomato and avocado salad could be eaten on it’s own, but it also makes a great side dish too.
If you are worried about the avocado browning in the fridge, you can always squeeze a little extra lime juice on it. Or you can add the avocado right before you eat it. That is what we did. Avocado makes everything better, doesn’t it?
Corn, Tomato and Avocado Salad
Yields 3-4 servings
The perfect summer side dish!
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 3 cups corn
- 1/4 cup diced purple onion
- 1 T chopped cilantro
- 1 T avocado oil
- Juice from half a lime
- 1 avocado cubed
- sea salt to taste
- If using frozen corn, let it thaw on the counter before using in this recipe.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl well.
- Cover and place in the fridge.
- You can eat it right away, but I think the flavor develops even more as it sits in the fridge. If you can, try and let it sit for at least an hour.
This salad should keep for at least a week in the fridge. Enjoy!