I have a new slow cooker recipe for you! This time it’s slow cooker ratatouille soup. One can never have too many soup recipes right? Especially when they are healthy soup recipes. Even better if they are slow cooker recipes. This slow cooker ratatouille soup will not disappoint. It’s loaded with flavor. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
If you wanted to add more protein to this soup, I could see white beans or kidney beans going real well in here. This soup is great on it’s own though. Plus the house will smell amazing! Unlike most soup recipes, this one contains no broth. Most of the vegetables release so much water in the cooking process, that there was no need for broth. This recipes makes a very large amount of soup. It’s quite budget friendly. I store mine in serving sized containers in the freezer for easy meals on those busy days.
Slow Cooker Ratatouille Soup
Yields 7-10 cups
A healthy and comforting slow cooker soup!
10 minPrep Time
6 hrCook Time
6 hr, 10 Total Time
- 8 tomatoes, boiled, skinned and chopped (see notes)
- 2 red bell peppers (chopped)
- 2 yellow bell peppers (chopped)
- 2 green bell peppers (chopped)
- 2 small zucchini (chopped)
- 1 yellow squash (chopped)
- 1 eggplant (peeled and cubed)
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 T fresh basil chopped
- 2 T fresh parsley
- sea salt to taste
- Throw everything in a slow cooker and cook for at least 6 hours. Cook on high for the first hour and then turn down to low for the remaining hours. Feel free to cook it longer than 6 hours if you like. I think the longer a soup cooks, the more the flavors develop.
**To peel the tomatoes, core them and and place them in a saucepan of boiling water. After a minute or two, pull them out and place them in an ice water bath. The skin should easily come off. You can try leaving the skins on for this soup, but they may get tough while cooking so long. Don't throw the skins away though. You can save them with all your other scraps for homemade vegetable broth . Enjoy!