I love recipes with minimal ingredients. These 3 ingredient thumbprint cookies are so easy to make! They can be made in less than 20 minutes!
These 3 ingredient thumbprint cookies would be great for cookie swaps during the holidays. I used raspberry jam in mine, but you can use any jam you like.
I think these thumbprint cookies would be great with my blueberry chia jam too. Yum! These healthy thumbprint cookies are flourless, vegan, gluten free and paleo.
If you have someone with a nut allergy in your house, you can use sunflower seed butter in this recipe as well. Or if you prefer almond butter or peanut butter. I think the peanut butter would give it a pbj&j feel.
Yummy! I chose cashew butter because it is buttery in texture and mild in flavor. I made my own cashew butter, but grinding up some cashews in the food processor for about 10 minutes. You can also use store bought cashew butter if you like.
If you choose to make your own cashew butter, but the cashews in “pieces” vs whole cashews. The pieces are often much cheaper. 🙂
3 Ingredient Thumbprint Cookies
Yields 10 cookies
All you need is 3 ingredients and less than 20 minutes to make these cookies!
5 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
17 minTotal Time
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a food processor , combine the cashew butter and maple syrup.
- Once blended, drop cookies onto a lined baking sheet .
- I used a cookie scoop for mine.
- Once all the cookies are on the sheet, use your palm to flatten each one.
- Press your thumb into the center of each cookie.
- Fill the thumbprint with jam.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes.
- Let cookies cool completely before removing from the baking sheet.
It's very important to let these cookies cool completely before removing them from the baking sheet. Store these cookies in the fridge. They should last a couple weeks that way. You can also freeze them for longer storage. Enjoy!